Tuesday, August 25, 2026

A disturbing thought

 So, I was poking around BISAC categories, to improve the visibility of my novels, and came upon 'dark fantasy' as well as 'romantasy.' 

Tilt. 

So, the concept, 'Wedded to a Werewolf'

"Now we are married, my very dear Mr. Darcy, I must arrange a ball at Pemberley for the next full moon."

"Elizabeth, I am sorry, but we cannot have balls on  the full moon."

"Why not? everyone does, so that the guests can see to drive home." 

"I... I have something to confess, my very dear wife!" cried Fitzwilliam Darcy, in anguish, fingering his collar as if it were too tight for his agitation. "I am a werewolf! and if I am not confined on the night of the full moon, I may be... savage." 

Elizabeth's eyes opened wide. 

"Why, Mr. Darcy, that sounds more interesting than a ball," she said. 

 

....  and people read that tripe? 

 

2 comments:

  1. Well, there is no accounting for tastes. I don't know how much of dark fantasy can be well written and how much is just titillating.
    I understand there definitely are vampire!Darcy JAFF stories out there, quite probably werewolf ones too. As to quality, I wouldn't venture a guess. Magical world /JAFF is a subgenre of its own, I have read and enjoyed quite a few, though after a while I find it becomes a little flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as you say! I suspect if there is any which is well written it is drowned under titillating dross.
      no, really? and I thought I was taking it ad absurdam. Magical JAFF is a thing?
      apparently I am too square...

      Delete