Thursday, February 18, 2021

Ring out the False now live

 

3rd in the Redemption of Bohun series ‘Ring out the False’ in which Jurko and his band wage guerrilla warfare on the Swedes, and Mira is captured and must face her deepest fear.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08WRVCHZ6

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WRVCHZ6

 I picked the dramatic river scene for the cover, and believe me, it was a challenge to cover Jurko's Cossack Allure with strategically arranged Mira. The water I was using was more transparent than I realised, and I couldn't be bothered to mess with the algorithm. His scar is a little less prominent than on the cover of Bells of Jasna Góra, but still there. I had recently acquired wet hair for Poser, so I was delighted to be able to use that, and to have trousers for Mira in the ridiculous style of the well-dressed cavalier of the time - and how fortunate that the forerunners to petticoat breeches happened to be around in that time frame. [they are from the clothes set 'Urban Fae' which I got primarily for the shoes and accessories and because I could modify the top to use as a Renaissance bodice when it was on sale]. Her top is from the costume called 'Constance' and is close enough to the male as much as the female to be the drummer boy's jerkin and shirt.

I put a picture of Jurko on the back just because; I spent enough time messing about turning M4 into as close as I could get to Aleksander Domogorov and I had to make his moustace by hand in the hair room as nobody makes a Cossack moustache.



 

18 comments:

  1. I have just downloaded it and look forward to reading it later today, when I have finished my Domestic Goddess role.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. Got it!

    I’m pleased you explained the back cover portrait. I’d rather assumed the river rolled on with a semi-submerged pair of drawers faintly visible in the distance.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it again!

      hehe no, I didn't manage a wrap-around ... no mermaids with blue skin and yellow hair either. [I have mermaids who could have blue skin, yellow hair and blue and yellow tails in the program but that's a tall and fishy tail as you might say ...]

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Quite unique cover; I look forward to rereading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have done the semi-obligatory shirtless hero if it hadn't been a dramatic scene which begged to be done ... and I had that new hair ...

      I hope you enjoy it again!

      Delete
  4. well that's the expansion first draft of Jermak done, so anyone else who wants it, let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've received mine, thanks for that, and am planning to read it this evening. I've finished Ring Out The False, which I greatly enjoyed, and will do my Amazon review later today too. Mary D

      Delete
    2. I hope you enjoy, and will comment as appropriate!

      Delete
    3. I really enjoyed it and thought the expanded bits very good. I thought the way you'd fleshed out the detail about Charles Greville and Aunt Frid illuminating and similarly the bits about the hostages. I was hoping the epilogue would have a bit about Charles G. experiencing a comeuppance from Ivan or Jeremi so I was a bit disappointed there but all in all it's very good and well worth publishing with your other books.
      I'm definitely hoping for a look at the fabric with the blue tulips in graduated shades in the first edition. Could you use it as an endpaper like the Persephone imprint. Mary D

      Delete
    4. aha! well, that is an idea. I should write what happened to Charles.

      alas, the fabric exists only in my head ....

      Peter Grenville died very surprised.
      Having had the impudence to demand compensation for losing a good connections since he had already spent what Prince Ivan gave him, he managed to bring himself to the attentions of a very angry man. Ivan had not yet tracked down his erstwhile secretary on whom to exact retribution for spoiling his perfect bride, so Peter Grenville would have to do.
      Ivan considered assassination to be an artform, and sent the Englishman a letter which, when opened, permitted the inhalation of a very nasty herbal concoction which went to work immediately on the mucus membranes in his mouth and nose. The letter explained this, pointing out that by the time the victim read about it, he would be unable to do anything about it.
      Peter died vomiting and voiding himself, and the messenger quietly burned the letter.
      Ivan did not survive long himself.
      Jeremi Wiśniowiecki considered assassination a valid tactic when an opponent was an irritation, but he kept art for the drawing room and assassination in its proper place. Ivan was shot through the head on his own lands which were within musket range of lands held by Jeremi.

      Delete
    5. Nicely done and very much what I had hoped for. I admire the way you've managed to finish off Ivan as well. Is Derugin going to have any further adventures now that Ivan's dead? Mary D

      Delete
    6. Glad you enjoyed. hehe I didn't think someone as ruthless as Jeremi would leave a life irritant behind him...

      I am half minded to keep Derugin as a baddie ... an inept one!

      Delete
    7. That sounds as though it could be very interesting indeed, roll on The Adventures of the Cackhanded Coward! Mary D

      Delete
    8. i may bring him, as well as Jermak and Grace, into the next Jurko book ...

      Delete
    9. And why not. You could always have him try to slink back under a different name and be unlucky enough to be recognised by Jermak, Grace and co. Anyway whatever you do sounds as though it will be an enjoyable read. Mary D

      Delete
    10. nice! yes, that could do it.

      My editor has me working away on what she wanted extended, mostly hints that there is mutual attraction, a few more details on their journey there.

      Delete