Monday, July 27, 2026

trying for some more exposure on Madhouse Bride

 I've been approached by a lovely lady named Claire, and she has been doing some promotion work for me, and we'll see how it goes; she's done some stuff for Madhouse Bride, including some work which will be going up on my Amazon Author Page. Here's her speculative artwork to put there; these are drafts and we've spoken back and forth about some things which don't fit or are inaccurate, like the enemies to lovers which is now strangers to lovers. I hope this will interest you! 

also, can I ask anyone who has read and enjoyed it to review it? if I can raise the profile of one book, and this is the one I chose, and sell more, I can maybe afford to do more. UPDATE! the work is now live on some Amazon pages, here's a link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GPRSJBCP?lv=shuf&channelId=500&plpRedirect=mhFallback  

I liked this one best, with the review quote from no. 3 

What this one had wrong was suggesting Julian rescued Anne from a fire. 

I like the quote being on this, but felt the rest less strong

I found this one a little busy. 

 I am looking forward to Wednesday when the new author page will be launched! 

17 comments:

  1. Rereading Madhouse Bride now, and will review in due course.
    Sorry, I haven't been able to get into the last books.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, much obliged! The launch of the new author page for it is delayed, thanks to Amazon locking me out because I don't have a smart phone and can't verify by whatsapp. The technical team is trying to sort it out. Grrr. Poor Simon was on the phone for 4 hours.
      Not to worry about not liking the Blood Moon wars, I'm revamping something from my youth with that - I rediscovered my pictures for it. Next up will be a regency for Christmas, 'Master of Gothic House' which should, I hope, be fun. And I want to do some Georgians.
      Sarah

      Delete
    2. Review posted, I enjoyed reading the book in one go, a different experience to the beta reading.
      Have bought Brandons no 3 for my mother, she received it yesterday and started devouring it.
      Many thanks, looking forward to the regency for Christmas and the Georgians in due course.
      Barbara

      Delete
    3. Many thanks, Barbara! I appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed it as a read through all together. I hope you mother enjoys no 3 as well!

      The Christmas one fetched up as a novella, so it will be a book of shorts - I'm going well on a second story.

      Delete
    4. Mum had almost finished the book by the end of Saturday, and definitely has now (Sunday). I took her some Carola Dunn clean romances and the library will bring a new selection tomorrow.
      She has decided that life is too short to read bad books or ones that don't grab her immediately, which is quite understandable given that she is 99 yrs old. I think the library is running out of her style of books.
      Back to Madhouse Bride, I'm thinking of a partnership of Peabody and Blackman, with Stormcrow.............
      I do wish I could write novels, but at the moment accountancy stll beckons.

      Delete
    5. Carola Dunn has some good books. And I'm with your mum on that - I think I've told the story of the regency where the heroine was eating chocolates and looked at her wristwatch, which I threw out of the window....

      I've considered a novel with Blackman as the central character....

      I wish I made enough to need an accountant.... this partnership with Claire is an attempt to get there

      Delete
    6. While I could comment on Facebook, I used to refer to your work on at least one of the groups I'm in, and will do so again once I have persuaded Meta that I have unusual taste in subjects on their site, but am not dangerous enough to require facial recognition.

      Delete
    7. Oh, these people are a pain, with their facial recognition, which doesn't even work half the time. I am going to add a link to where the upgraded work has now been added to the US site, we are still struggling with UK

      Delete
    8. And thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I've bought it myself and am working on reading it again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I have been coming back to these good works few days at a time.

    I like the work.

    BUT, BE-CAUSE, The AI Has Improved SO MUCH The Last year, EVERY-ONE IS NOW Using It.

    WHICH, To Men SEEMS THAT, It WILL NOT Stand OUT.

    WHICH IS The Point.

    I have just looked at all your books on your Author Page, and Though some of them I Can Say ARE AI, They ARE STILL INDIVIDUAL.

    THIS Current Work Looks Like MANY OTHERS.

    It Could Also Be, That, Because the Setting Colours Are Dark, and I Do follow the reasoning for that, I may be seeing it in a dark way, in my subconscious. I don't know fir sure.

    I hope you will not take my view hard.

    Because I WANT you To Have GOOD Sales.

    And Also, MORE Readers To Get From Kindle UnLimited.

    I dont know WHAT Styles WOULD Show More INDIVIDUALITY. AND THAT IS WHAT A Book Needs To Stand Out.

    But I will suggest, that if you have time, and the wish, to re-do your pictures in the Harry Lime Fashions you gave us, AS Then, the AI DID Give Un-Natural Fingers and Toes. That may not take you much time.

    As I said, I like the work, But it Looks Like SO Many Others Out There.

    Hope all are as well as can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any stuff on any page because I didn't even know it existed until Claire told me. I worked with her to make it reflect the book. I am sorry you don't like my recent covers, but I feel that I can manipulate AI well enough to be different; but enough alike that the market knows the genre into which it fits. It is much, much easier than struggling with Poser, which always looks a bit 'uncanny valley' and I mix and match images still to bring my own choices to the covers. I am not going to stop using AI, because it is a convenience. I have played with, but probably will not use, AI novel cover tools because they are too limited.

      I don't quite understand you. You don't like these images because they are done with AI but you want me to redo the Harry Lime pics with AI because it's better now; that seems contradictory.

      Delete
  4. I should probably write a review but don't know where to post it. Also I read your works because I enjoy your writing regardless of genre. To be honest none of those ads would attract me (especially the inaccuracy of the enemies to lovers and to a lesser degree forced mariage labels on the top one. Looks too much like rape or the like hovering in there.) But then I almost missed Bujold's Vor novels because the cover turned me off. Maybe brighter tones would help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with amazon.com or Uk! I am glad you like my writing.

      Oh, the enemies to lovers has been sorted out as strangers to lovers - these are her first drafts. We scrapped the marriage of duty one as well. I was happy to go with dark as the theme is quite dark. I must make a note that these are first drafts from Claire and have been massaged a lot.

      Delete
  5. Apropos of the Polish novels, in the UK Lidl supermarkets have Pierogi and other Eastern european products this week...........
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh nice! we need to find out where our Lidl has moved to.... thank you! they have a lot of good European stuff

      Delete